Competitive rowers train regularly on and off the water throughout the year to keep up their fitness for the racing season, which begins in April and ends in September. The squads travel all around the South West to regattas to compete against different clubs and includes the renowned World Championships that are held on The Isles of Scilly each May. So popular is this sport becoming that the last Scilly event saw a start-line of 131 boats which extended for over a mile. To date Lyme Regis have come top of their group at the World Championships twice, bringing home two trophies.
Winter Competitive Rowing Schedule (October - March)
- Saturday: Ladies & Mens Competitive. From 8.30am
- Sunday: Ladies & Mens Competitive. From 8.30am
- Tuesday: Circuits 6.30pm. at Uplyme Village Hall
Summer Competitive Rowing Schedule (April - September)
- Saturday: Ladies & Mens competitive training from 8.30am
- Sunday: Ladies & Mens competitive training from 8.30am
- Monday: Ladies rowing from 6.00pm
- Tuesday: Mens rowing from 6.00pm
- Wednesday: Ladies rowing from 6.00pm
- Thursday: Mens rowing from 6.00pm
Training sessions are generally 1 hour long and rowers will be allocated a time and gig. If you want to row, please use Teamsnap to register your availability.
Availability deadlines: Update availability 72hrs before training sessions and 1 week before regattas.
Rotas will be sent out by the team captains/vice captains via email. If your availability changes after the rota is issued, it is your responsibility to find a replacement to row. Sessions are dependent on weather, tides, and the availability of coxes.Times are subject to change. Check your email before your session to confirm that the rowing is on.
- Captain: Michelle Prosser
- Vice Captain: Holly Tunbridge
- Captain: Tony Short
Vice Captain: Pete Rowsell